Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Little About Life In Rwanda

These are the flowers on the fence around the center where we are staying:

Aren’t they amazing!


And here’s a look at the center, outside:




And in:



This lizard was in the wall of the hallway outside my room yesterday; He was so very small, just about 2 inches from head to tail.


Our classrooms are outside. Here’s a picture of one:

It’s a perfect place to learn, but in the afternoons I need to remember to put sunscreen on my neck.


So what have I been doing recently? Classes and more classes, but it’s good, I’ve been learning a lot. Also I met two couples from the United States who are here briefly teaching at the university. Together with them I was able to go to a local orphanage. The children sang for us and then we played duck, duck, goose together. It was wonderful to see the joy on their faces and the delight they took in playing, even though they have such hard lives, they are still children who find a game in everything and want so much to have fun and to learn.
So here’s a picture of that:




Finally, I just want to end by saying that this is an exciting place to be. It’s amazing to see all that is happening here right now and to watch Proverrbs 3:5-6 unfold before my eyes. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,
    It is good to hear how you have been doing? I loved seeing where you are taking your classes. It looks very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, it's so nice to be able to hear from you from so far away! I'm so happy that everything is working out so well. I miss you and think about you all the time! Love, Kate (seadrop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there Anna this is Kara! You have been in our minds and in our prayers! you sound as if you are having a lot of fun!! God is doing amazing things through you! we miss you!

    ReplyDelete