Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Collection of Christmas Photos (and a few thoughts too)

Welcome to Winter in Rwanda...

...where family, friends and frosty weather are missed, but Christ’s birth is celebrated with fun traditions and a joyful heart.


I made a wreath for my door,


gingerbread houses with friends,


decorated a tree,


and even fashioned a manger scene from corn husks!



I was so thankful to have a Christmassy home here! But even more so, I am so thankful that Christmas is much, much more than just snowflakes and holiday cheer. It’s the celebration of Christ’s birth and life!


How delightful it was to read the Christmas story together with my host family in both Kinyarwanda and English. “Kuk’ uyu munsi Umukiz’abavukiye mu murwa wa Dawidi, uzaba Kristo Umwami.” “For today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” ~Luke 2:11
It is such a blessing to know that “you” means each and every one of us. That Christmas, and its message of hope and life in Jesus, is for the whole world. Glory to God in the highest, it is in Him that we find peace!



P.S.~ On January 29th, I will have been in Rwanda for one year. My year-in-review blog update is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment